The Parish Council and the community put together a Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) Working Group for Loxley. The Working Group formed by residents was tasked by the Parish Council to produce a NDP for Loxley in accordance with government guidelines.
Minutes of meetings and the results from the Household Survey can be downloaded from the list below. An initial draft Plan (May 2018) was consulted on between May 16th and 5th July 2018. Comments were reviewed and a revised draft produced (Consultation draft – October 2018). As significant changes were made to the Plan following the consultation, a further Regulation 14 consultation period was held from 15th November 2018 to the 10th January 2019.
The draft and final referendum report approved by the Planning Inspector can be downloaded from the links listed under ‘Key Documents’ below. In addition, full supporting appendices have been prepared, including :
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Environmental assessment screening report
- The consultation programme
- Details of pre-plan consultations, including questionnaires, open days and responses (Appendix 1)
- Summary of Consultation on Pre-Submission Loxley NDP (Appendix 2 and 2a), detailing responses to consultees and statutory stakeholders, from both Regulation 14 consultation periods noted above.
A referendum on the Plan was held on 27th February 2020 with all voters eligible to vote. With a very high turnout for this type of election (39.46%) there an overwhelming majority voted in favour of adopting the Plan (102 voters representing 86.44% of the vote) with just 16 residents (13.55%) voting against the Plan. As a result, the Plan will be adopted by the District Council and will become a formal part of statutory planning guidance.
For an informal discussion about the Plan please contact the Parish Council at email@example.com or approach one of your local Councillors.